I offer any budding wedding videographer / editor / photographer personal 1-to-1 training, to help you develop and enhance your video / film skills, and to help head you away from ‘videographer’ and towards ‘cinematographer / filmmaker’ (from ‘wedding video’ to ‘cinematic wedding film’).
It is a bespoke service where you decide exactly what you would like to learn (basic or advanced level), and over how many sessions (half-day or full-day slots).
I am at advanced level with edting software, and can help guide you with whatever you use (e.g. Adobe CC 2014, CC, CS6, CS5, Premiere Pro, After Effects, Vegas, Final Cut Pro). With regards cameras, camcorders, and equipment, I have personally used Canon 5D MkIII, Canon 5D MkII, Canon 7D, Canon 550D, Canon 60D, Go Pro Hero HD, Canon XH-A1, Canon XF300 and XF305, Sony FX1, Sony Z1, Sony EX1, Canon HV20 and HV30, Lumix GF1, Glidetrack 1m, Glidetrack Shooter, Glidecam, LCDVF, jibs / cranes, tripods, monopods, lights, lenses, microphones … and more.
What you could learn as part of your training
• Transition from ‘wedding video’ to ‘cinematic wedding film’
• Suitable filming and editing workflow ideas for long form and short form edits (with full examples to go through)
• Filming techniques (e.g. cinematic gliding, DOF, camera angles) (with behind-the-scenes footage to show)
• Suitable DSLR, camcorder and audio settings for different situations
• How to work with High-Definition footage – keeping it crisp and clear
• Creative editing techniques and editing with ‘emotion’ in mind
• In-depth colour-grading tuition (creating/tweaking your own presets, within your NLE and with 3rd party plugins like ‘Magic Bullets Looks’)
• Help with marketing/advertising/branding-awareness/reputation
• and more …
You can come to my private office, based in Oxford (refreshments and lunch provided), or I can become mobile and bring my HD-editing laptop system and, if feasible, cameras + equipment to you.