I offer any budding wedding videographer / editor / photographer personal 1-to-1 training, to help you develop and enhance your video / film skills, and to help head you away from ‘videographer’ and towards ‘cinematographer / filmmaker’ (from ‘wedding video’ to ‘cinematic wedding film’).
It is a bespoke service where you decide exactly what you would like to learn (basic or advanced level), and over how many sessions (half-day or full-day slots).
I am at advanced level with edting software, and can help guide you with whatever you use (e.g. Adobe CC and below; Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop). With regards cameras, camcorders, and equipment, I have personally owned/used Canon 5D MkIII, Sony A7sii, Canon 5D MkII, Canon 7D, Canon 550D, Canon 60D, Go Pro Hero HD, Canon XH-A1, Canon XF300 and XF305, Sony FX1, Sony Z1, Sony EX1, Canon HV20 and HV30, Lumix GF1, Glidetrack 1m, Glidetrack Shooter, Glidecam, LCDVF, jibs / cranes, tripods, monopods, lights, lenses, microphones … and more.
What you could learn as part of your training
• Transition from ‘wedding video’ to ‘cinematic wedding film’
• Suitable filming and editing workflow ideas for long form and short form edits (with full examples to go through)
• Filming techniques (e.g. cinematic gliding, DOF, camera angles) (with behind-the-scenes footage to show)
• Suitable DSLR, mirrorless, camcorder and audio settings for different situations
• Working with High-Definition footage – keeping it crisp and clear
• Creative editing techniques and editing with ’emotion’ in mind
• In-depth colour-grading tuition (creating/tweaking your own presets, within your NLE and with 3rd party plugins like ‘Magic Bullets Looks’)
• Help with marketing/advertising/branding-awareness/reputation
• and more …
You can come to my private office, based in Oxford (refreshments and lunch provided), or I can become mobile and bring my HD-editing laptop system and, if feasible, cameras + equipment to you.