Latest news for FX Films
It’s probably about the right time to update blog-readers on what I’ve been up to lately…
– First up is all the training I’ve been delivering – it’s pretty much a full-time job now! I’ve been travelling the country to train people at their own homes, but in most cases people continue to travel to my office in Oxford (recently from as far as the Netherlands, Madrid, Ireland, Scotland). Whilst the majority of people have been photographers wanting to learn filming for the wedding and corporate sectors, the rest have been amateur-to-established filmmakers…and some have even required very bespoke training in specialist areas (property, underwater, film trailers and more). If you’d like 1:1 training, don’t hesitate to get in touch, so I can add you to the diary/tour!
– Still on the subject of training, I also have upcoming group workshops each specialising in different full-day topics: 1) Premiere Pro (CS6 and CC) 2) After Effects (CS6 and CC) 3) DSLR Cinematography. These workshops are happening in Oxford, soon expanding to Surrey and beyond.
– A big highlight for me recently has been to film Kirsty Mitchell, an outstanding fine-art photographer … more to come on that soon!
– 3D animations and logo design have been flying off the shelves, and I hope to be able to include snippets of these in my upcoming updated showreel.
– It’s been a pleasure to help out The Trained Eye once more … they required new shots to be added to their main promo (first shot and edited 2 years ago), as well as a ‘Night-Out‘ clip when a group of tutors and students hit the town!
– Other film jobs I’ve been involved with have included top secret jobs and 2nd-assistant jobs (inc. special effects, training sites, promos, logo animations) … I only wish I could say more!
– Here’s just a few of the clips I’ve made recently, for some super clients:
Sam Strange Promo
Stay tuned for a revised showreel, and information on upcoming training days and workshops.
Thanks for reading!